Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Day I Never Thought Would Come

Today Averi went to preschool. My last baby. I always talked about the day that she goes to preschool and then it happened and now I find myself wishing maybe for just one more day to have my little person home following me around.

In lots of ways I am so excited. I am excited for her to learn and grow. I am excited for her to make new friends, I am excited for her to become more independant. I am excited for her to investigate who she really is as an individual.

But I am sad too. I am sad that she is no longer in my care all day everyday. I am sad that when she hurts herself or is scared, I am not the one that will be comforting her.

I think she was a little nervous today. She woke up and the first thing out of her mouth was, "Is today the day I am going to school"? Then when I asked her what she wanted for breakfast she said, "I don't think I am hungry yet" But once we got there she walked right in and went right to the toys,

I am so happy for her but I am sad too. Totally a bittersweet day today. I can't wait to go pick her up and see how her day went today...

Off to go get her now!

No comments:

Post a Comment