Friday, March 13, 2009

Let's Make a Deal

Today was such a fun day. I started the day out by going to the Calphalon Warehouse Sale and let me tell you that was the best and most chaotic 90 minutes. There were so many people, but so many good deals. I was able to snag 2 dish towels, a 6"utility knife, a 3 1/2" paring knife, a large turner, a slottted turner, 2 14" frying pans, a 4 piece cookie sheet and cooling rack set, 2 5" santoku knives, 2 7" santoku knives and a 1.5 qt. saucepan for$138.00!!! If I were to have gone to a housewares store and bought these items or purchased them from Calphalon directly, I would have paid $543.00. I love a good deal.

So then I was inspired to get some more good deals. Here I found a $30.00 shirt for $5.98. It is exactly the kind of shirt that I have been looking for. It is totally out of my comfort zone as far as t-shirts and hoodies, but it looks fantastic on me.


Then it was time to continue the good deals by moving on to Old Navy. I had a $5 off coupon and ended up leaving it at home in the printer. So I figured I would look anyways, since it would cost me more than the $5 to drive home and get the coupon. So I found a $10 tank top, a black elbow length shirt for $1.99, a pair of capris for $19.99 (I about choked on that price tag) and a hat for Averi for next winter for $.99. So when I get up to the counter I ask if there is any way that they will honor my $5 off coupon that I left at home and she said no but she had something better for me...a 30% off coupon. So I ended up getting all that for just $24 including tax.



Sometimes I feel like I have a shopping fairy sitting on my shoulder. She takes me to the good deals. I am going to try to post pics of all my finds but I am not sure I can find them all.

14 " fry pan


cookie sheets and cooling racks
turners



paring and utility knivessantoku knives
towel (mine has red checks though, not blue)

white tankwhite caprisI couldn't find pics of the 2 other shirts I got so I will just have to post some when I wear them on our cruise.


I just feel really good about today. It is just so nice to know that you can find really nice things and not have to pay full price for them.

1 comment:

  1. Rock on! Awesome deals! I am totally jealous of all of your good shopping finds!

    ReplyDelete