Thursday, April 30, 2009

Where I've Been

So the bathroom project took a lot of my time over the last 3 weeks. It seemed like every evening we had something to do in there. Some were little some bigger but nonetheless, we were pretty much constantly in that bathroom.

Then last Sunday Paul left for Minnesota for about 3 weeks which brings with it a whole other list of things that keep me busy. It seems like the day starts at 7 and doesn't slow until 8ish at night. But one of the things I relish about Paul going for a job is the time that I get to read.

Usually when Paul is home once the kids go to bed we watch one of our favorite shows together or he watches something and I just sit by him. So when he leaves, I watch some of the shows we would normally watch, but my favorite thing to do is to curl up with a great book and get lost in someone elses reality.

So the book that I am reading right now is called Divine by Karen Kingsbury. This book is about a modern day Mary Magdalene. The book is so riveting and gripping. It is one of those books that you start reading and you just can't put it down. I find myself picking it up saying I will just read a chapter and 3 hours later I am trying to figure out how I am going to get up in the morning.

Karen Kingsbury is such a riveting author. The way that she writes makes you believe that the people that she has created are real people in a real place. I have read several (like 16) other of her books and each one is just as gripping as the others. She has made me laugh and made me cry, and not just the teary eyes but full out tears, throughout all her books.

My other addiction lately is the game bejeweled. It is on facebook and you get 1 minute to score as many points as possible. You compete against your other friends that play and try to do better than them. It is so addicting...

So anyways, that is where I have been. That is the reason for my neglect. I hope to get back into posting regularly soon...like once I finish my book.

1 comment:

  1. I so need a good book to get myself back into reading for pleasure, not just for planning for my classroom, you know? And I so need to join Facebook. Don't ask me why I haven't joined the rest of the world in doing so yet...LOL!

    ReplyDelete