This afternoon, as I am preparing dinner, I hear Aiden shrieking upstairs. Knowing that I am probably setting myself up for trouble I naievely ask him why he is crying and as I suspect he tells me that Averi is picking on him. I tell him to stop crying and get back to picking up the playroom.
Not 10 minutes later he starts shrieking again. So again, knowing what I am gettin gmyself into I ask why he is crying. This time the answer is different. It went a little like this:
Me: Now why are you crying?
A: My throat hurts.
Me: Why does your throat hurt?
A: I was trying to take the head off of a Ben Ten toy and I swallowed it.
(mind you this was said through a ton of tears and took aboout 5 minutes to get the sentence out)
So all through dinner Aiden is trying his hardest to cough the toy up making himself gag. We had to drill into his head that you can't cough up a toy that you swallowed.
Nick then gets wind of the toy that has made its way into Aiden's abdomen and say the following:
Aiden here is what we are going to do...for the next few days every time you go poop you are going to poop into a can and we are going to get that toy back!
After we all catch our breath and inform Nick that this is not an option we assure Aiden that the toy will pass and he will be fine. So Aiden finally calms down enough to eat his dinner and Nick leaves the table crying because we are not willing to try his method of toy retrieval.
It took awhile, but eventually everyone calmed down and we have moved past the toy, but man today just can't get any better.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

that is to funny.
ReplyDeleteOh gosh, Christy... Between this and Averi being ill, you sure have had your hands full these last few days. Hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteHALLARIOUS!!!
ReplyDelete