I was on the way home from getting my haircut in West Toledo today and I noticed on the E-way that my ABS brakes and my traction control lights were on. Initially I figured that this was just a glitch in the computer. However, when I went to brake and I heard the sound of no ABS brakes I realized this isn't a drill.
I came home and cleaned for few hours and then went to my mom's for dinner. I pulled into her driveway and when I went to brake there was not the reaction that there usuallly is. Fortunately I did not hit anything but there is definitely something wrong.
Then on the way home I was slowing down to turn onto Fostoria and my car was basically acting like I was trying to stop on a wet or slippery road. Very scary.
Then Nick says from the back seat. Great, just great, now you are going to go to your surgery and your brakes aren't working. Just great. Just great Mom.
After I collected myself I asked him why it mattered if my brakes were working in my car when I have my surgery. His reasoning was how was I going to drive to the doctors office to have my surgery if my brakes didn't work. Never mind that we may die driving the car between now and then but my little boy was concerned that I might not get my surgery done if I don't have brakes in my car.
Lovin' the thoughtfulness!
So needless to say tomorrow I will be calling Genoa Ford to get my car in to be fixed.
On another note, I am reading this organization book and it has inspired me. Since reading it I have cleaned out my basement (with the help of the flood) cleaned out the three cabinets that were cluttered and messy, and organized the kids game closet.
It is so freeing to me to get rid of clutter. I feel so cleansed when I throw stuff away. It is just such a feeling or relief for me to get rid of stuff and make it look neat and clean and even better to know where stuff is and know what I actually have.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Too cute on Nick's comments. He obviously realizes how important your surgery is to you! Hope the brakes get fixed soon. Car problems are a pain!
ReplyDelete